Stage owners often get confused when it comes to selecting stage curtain fabrics. There are a wide variety of fabrics for stage curtains, but the big question is that which ones are suitable for the type of stage you want to set up? If you’re looking for appropriate fabrics, continue reading this guide to selecting right stage curtains.
1. Cotton or synthetic curtains :- Do you like breathable cotton fabric or shiny synthetic fabric? Well, using cotton fabric is quite beneficial as it can withstand heat as well as stains.
2. Heavy, medium or light curtains :- Another point to keep in mind when selecting stage curtains is that whether you want your curtains to be heavy, medium or light in weight.
3. Budget :- There are a variety of fabric types to suit everyone’s budget. But it’s obvious that less expensive material means low quality.
4. Flame retardant or inherently retardant materials :- The flame retardant fabrics are usually treated with chemicals that protect them during fire breakouts. But these chemicals vanish after washing and expected lifetime is approximately one year.
5. Typical uses of fabric :- Although there is a wide range of fabrics for stage curtains, but certain fabrics are meant for a particular use. For example, scrims are suited for reveals and light diffusion situations.
So, consider the aforementioned points before purchasing a particular fabric for your stage curtains. You can consult the skilled team of Stage Curtains to ensure you have the best fabric for your use.